28 thoughts on “Year 3’s trip to York.”

1. I had a wonderful time at the Jorvik Centre. I especially enjoyed my trip around the museum on the monorail. Although the smells were disgusting it was very interesting to find out what life was like in York during the Viking period. I did not know that the Vikings had slaves who came from Ireland. One of the Viking guides told us all about Viking artefacts and we found out that the children would make ice skates from bones.
    It was great to take my class around the city of York and show them its lovely sights of interest. I can’t wait to return very soon.#York
    Mrs Booth

20+
  2. On Monday morning I went on the bus with my classmates.I had so much fun at Jorvik centre with my classmates.My favourite part was when we ate food and when we went to dig. I dug up some big bones.

3+
  3. On Monday morning me and my classmates went to York. We got there on a coach. When we got there we went into the museum a person warned us about the smells. Then we went down stairs a girl talked to us. My favourite part was when we went on the ride and the digging. The smells were not very good. I dug up some big bones.

3+
  4. I enjoyed my trip to the Jorvik. It was really fun and there was a lot of cool stuff. Even though there was really bad smells it was really interesting to look what it looked like in the Viking peroid (1000 years ago). The fact that I found out was kids in those days used bones for ice skates in winter. Then we became archaeologists and we had to dig, me and Adam found almost a whole footpath. Then we put some animal bones inside the correct slot. When we felt the stones I never even knew that it was actually 1000 year old human poo but there were no germs PHEW.
    The ride was so realistic that I thought that the Vikings were actually real people. Finally we set off back to school and my day was amazing at York and I hope we can go again to look at more stuff at the Jorvik centre.

2+
  5. On Monday morning we went to Jorvik. My favourite part was the ride because I could see what the Vikings had done we got there by a coach. Then we went to DIG I found a bowl then we went to be a archaeologist we had to put things in order and we had to figure out which bones go to which animals.

2+
  6. I had a wonderful time at the Jorvik centre. I especially enjoyed my trip around the museum on the monorail because they had Ipads. Then we went to see a lady’s skeleton body. At the DIG centre I found a trail and sorted some very old bones.

2+
  7. On Monday we went to York with my classmates we went at 8:45 we went on a coach we had a really great time. We went on a monorail although it was smelly I liked it.Then we went to the Jorvik dig I had a red shovel. Then we did some sorting out then my teacher took my classmates around York.

1+
  8. On the trip at Jorvik my favourite thing was the ride. We had a ride on a flying car that took you to a Viking village. My favourite robot was the Viking that was slicing an apple . Next we went to a place where you needed to dig so you can find bones. I found a lot of tiny bones then a man took us to a table. We needed to sort the bones by putting the bones in their rite place my partner was Clarissa and she helped me to sort the bones. We had our dinner up stairs then we went outside to look at Harry Potters clothes and things that he had. Then we went back on the bus I was so tired so I had a sleep on the bus then my dad took me home and I played outside with my cousin. Then at night she went home and I went to sleep.

2+
  9. I had a great time at the Jorvik centre. My favourite part of the trip was when I sat on the Jorvik ride. I liked it because we got to see the Vikings. I was a bit scared but also the smell was disgusting I thought it was very interesting to see the Vikings.After that we got to dig my team found a person .Then one of the guides showed us a horse bone and also I have learnt that people ice skate with the bones. I had a wonderful day at York I wish I could go again.

1+
  10. On Monday morning me and my classmates went to the York. We went on a coach because it was far far away. When we got there we went to the Jorvik centre. Then we went in a dark place. It was called a monorail. Then we went on this scary ride. I was scared . After that we went to dig l was in the Viking part. I found lots of stuff. My favourite part was when we ate.

3+
  11. I loved our trip to York. My favourite part was riding the monorail.I liked it because my legs didn’t have to walk. We went to the dig site.After that, we organised bones and left for dinner. We loved it so much.Then we had a tour of York.I enjoyed it too Mrs Booth.I had more than one favourite.I also enjoyed everything. My second favourite was the food then seeing where Harry Potter was made.#York

1+
  12. When I went to York it was so much fun.Then we went on a ride with some of my friends and with my teacher Miss Booth.We was very happy it was fun.I especially enjoyed my trip around the museum on the monorail but the smell was so bad. But the ride was fun. But there was a big hole on the floor and there was a big pile of poo it was so disgusting .I never knew there was slaves. it was so much fun, it was my best day ever in my life and my class mates had so much fun to. Then we went to the dig centre we found so many fossils.

1+
  13. I enjoyed my time at York. My favourite part was eating dinner . At DIG we met a archeologist and we did some digging then we had to sort out bones and put them in order. Then we had dinner . It was good seeing as we had nothing to eat since breakfast . Then we went seeing were Harry Potter was made up. The last thing that we did was looking at lots of different buildings and towers last we went back to the coach and we started to head back to our school.

I had a good time at York,I hope we can visit again.

2+
  14. I enjoyed my trip to Jorvik. Although the smells were disgusting it is very interesting to find out about the Viking period . I enjoyed the museum on the monorail . On the way to York every one was scared of the geese by the river. The ride was fun because it was scary !!!! . After that we met an archaeologist he talked to us about horse bone. In the past the kids used horse bones as ice-skates.We did some digging for rocks . Then we ate some food . I loved the food I got . Then we set off to go back home . I had a wonderful time at York with my class mates !!!

1+
  15. I had a wonderful time at York my favourite part was when I went on the monorail but it smelled disgusting. The people looked real but they were robots, there were rats all over the ground the rats were eating meat.The meat had blood all around it. After that we went and sat on benches we sat on them then a man showed us some bones one was white and the other was black and brown.The bones were from horses. After that we went for on a tour around York. I hope I come back soon.

1+
  16. I had a good time at the Jorvik centre.My favourite bits were the DIG and the ride.It was my favourite because I thought the invention , for the ride was amazing .The DIG was good because we met an archaeologist.I dug in the Viking area.Then we had dinner.Then we went back to school.#York,Jorvik

1+
  17. On Monday Morning me and my classmates set off to Jorvik we went on a coach. My favourite part was when we went on the ride it didn’t smell very nice and I loved the part when we were digging. After that we met an archaeologist he was talking about Vikings bones. Did you know that the bones were used for ice skates. After that Miss took us for a tour around York . It was really fun.

1+
  18. I really enjoyed my time in Jorvik but my favourite part was when we went on the ride but the smell was soooo disgusting. I did not know that they had slaves and they made some roofs out of straw and one man was making shoes and selling them and someone else was selling some vegetables I had a wonderful time at the Jorvik centre.

1+
  19. I enjoyed being at York my favourite part is when I went on the ride but the smell was awful because we were smelling what it would be if we was in the olden days. Next we went to Dig and became an archaeologist for the day and I dug up a skeleton bone and a mysterious rock or something. Next we ate our dinner it was delicious. Finally we got out of Dig and looked at some tall buildings and stood near one of the tall building and took a photo.

It eventually came to an end but then we saw a bear everyone started to hug it then we got on the coach. I had a wonderful time and can’t wait until I go back.

1+
  20. My most favourite part was when we went on the ride. I could smell disgusting smells we saw a Viking slave girl. I also enjoyed being an archaeologist digging in the sand pits.We sat down and we listened to one of the guides and they said that children used a horse bone for an ice skate.

4+
  21. My favourite part was when we were on the ride and the robot Vikings were doing stuff. I didn’t like the smell it was horrible I disliked the man who pooped in the toilet. There was a man who had a dog or a wolf and I saw a man who was cutting apples. I saw a man mesmerising with a potion it was showing a video. I enjoyed the trip.

1+
  22. On Monday we went York it was really fun. My favourite part was when we went on the ride, the smells were disgusting. Then we went to a place called dig that was fun. Me and my friend called Albie found a leg and a foot. After that we washed our hands then eat our lunch. Finally we went back to school.

1+
  23. On Monday I went to York with my classmates.I especially enjoyed the ride about the Vikings.It smelt disgusting but interesting to see how it was like in the Viking time.I also enjoyed the Jorvik dig.We had to find things in the Jorvik dig.Also in the Jorvik dig we had to sort things out into the right part.We also guessed the farm animal bones.Then we walked around York and then set off back to school.

1+
  24. My favourite part of the trip to York was when we were on the Jorvik centre ride.Even though the smells were disgusting the scenery was beautiful and it was cool to see how the Vikings lived when they were alive.I also liked the dig site because me and my group found something when we had dug far enough down.Then we went to were one of the Harry Potter films took place.

0
  25. On Monday me and my classmates went to York. We went on a coach. Eventually we got there we went on a motorail to see some Vikings. The smells were disgusting but at least now we know how it smelt then. After that we went to the digging section. I found some really amazing stuff.

0
  26. On Monday my class went to York the smell was bad. My favourite part was the ride on the ride there was a IPad and on the ride they were lots of different things about vikings.

0
  27. I had lots of fun at York. I especially enjoyed sitting on the coach although I was really hungry I enjoyed it because I could chat to Amina. I thought the view was really nice.When we finally arrived we had to walk to the Jorvik centre. We walked on glass then we went onto a monorail where we saw Viking robots.At first it was really dark and me and Amina got scared but when we were more into the ride we weren’t anymore.Then we went to the DIG;we had to dig some bones and stuff up.Then we had to put stones, bones and teeth into categories.After that we had to figure out what bones belonged to what animal.After that we had to touch poo and we didn’t have a clue what it was. Then we went to eat our lunch for half an hour. Then we took a stroll in York,after that we went back on the coach and half way through I fell asleep. I hope I can return to York again.

0